Bellamy-Ferriday House & Garden
9 Main Street North
Bethlehem, CT 06751
The home, built in two stages between 1754 and 1767, was originally owned by Reverend Joseph Bellamy, an 18th century evangelical preacher. The property was purchased in 1912 by the Ferriday family of New York, who updated it with heat, plumbing and electricity, intending it to be used as a summer home. Mrs. Ferriday and her daughter Caroline designed their gardens for their summer enjoyment. Visitors today will find historic roses, peonies, lilacs, and fragrant trees and shrubs.